Sounds ideal right? Enter the perfect solution – the fake-away pizza. Yes, you heard me, and no, this isn’t some form of trickery. After seeing a few of these type of posts on Instagram, I decided to come up with my own version using my personal favourite ingredients. Being honest, I’m really not a take-away fan – I do enjoy Camile Thai and Bombay Pantry from time to time but I wouldn’t come home craving an Apache or a Domino’s. That’s just me. However, I do appreciate a good pizza made with quality ingredients when I have it, and since that’s not exactly readily available if you’re eating in, this is the next best thing for me!
This is a really quick and easy dinner to make, its clean and light but filling too! Give it a try and let me know it goes. Play around with your own ingredient choices, I’ve just put in my own personal suggestions from what worked for me!
- 1 pack of B Free Foods Sweet Potato Wraps (use 1 wrap per pizza)
- 30g feta cheese (crumbled)
- 1 chicken breast, cooked & sliced into pieces
- 1 pack of Cool Beans Company Smokey Beans (use half the pack for your pizza base)
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 3 mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 4-5 sundried tomatoes
- Optional: You can literally put whatever you want on your pizza, I do not judge, the picture I have below is a version I made using smoky mackerel and avocado because that was what I fancied so feel free to make it your own random creation! That’s the beauty of a fake-away 🙂 Other meaty options or additions could be smoked salmon, or adding chorizo for a spicy twist! Some people use mozzarella cheese – I used feta but mozzarella would be perfect either as it melts brilliantly all over the pizza.
- Optional: As mentioned above, I use Cool Beans Company Beans for my pizza base, as they have amazing flavour options and the beans add extra healthy fibre and protein to your dish! You could also simply use a tomato passata or puree (tinned) as a base of course.
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Chop up your chicken and vegetables +/- whatever else you’re adding!
- Time to assemble! Heat up your Cool Beans in the microwave according to package instructions.
- Spread your Cool Beans over your wrap (using half of the pack I find is just enough!)
- Add your toppings! I usually add my meat and vegetables at this stage.
- Cheese stage! Its best to add the cheese last as you’re sprinkling it on top so that it melts on top of all your other ingredients. Helloooo food porn!
- When your oven is ready, place the pizza on a tinfoil-wrapped flat oven pan, and cook in the oven for 12-15 minutes.
- Check on your pizza at 10 minutes to see how it’s doing – you can assume it’s finished when the edges of the wrap are a little crisped and browned, and your cheese is melted!
- Remove from the oven, place onto a plate and allow to cool for a minute – or just risk burning your tongue and tuck in (what I do!)
I really hope this recipe turns out as good for you guys! It is such a weekend comfort, but also definitely works during the week if you’re stuck for ingredients or time. Just heat the oven, get the wrap ready and chuck on whatever you need to use up in the fridge!
Tag me on Instagram if you try this! I would love to see your creations.
Ciara 🙂 x