Well guys! I’m back in the recipe action this week – I got that cooking/baking buzz again last weekend and was (SHOCK HORROR) about to run out of my homemade Chocolate Pecan Butter. So I knew it was about time I got myself in gear to tackle CASHEW BUTTER! And of course, after the success of adding That Protein Brown Rice & Raw Cacao Protein to my Hazelnut Butter, I couldn’t leave that out in this recipe! I have actually made cashew butter once before. However, I made it using raw soaked cashews, and while it was delicious, it didn’t keep for more than 3 days or so. Less than ideal, even as a person who’s fond of eating nut butter by the spoon…!
So this time, I’ve roasted the cashews before blending, and like I said, added a chocolate protein kick! I really hope you like this one, cashews are definitely in my top three favourite nuts to snack on! Another WIN for The Irish Balance Nut Butter Collection!
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 200g Raw Cashews
- 1 tbsp of Protein Powder (I used That Protein Brown Rice & Raw Cacao)
- Note: As with my other nut butters, you can leave out the protein powder if you want, OR use your own preferred brand/variety!
- Optional: I don’t usually add sweeteners to my nut/seed butters, but if you prefer a sweeter taste you could add 1 tbsp of honey/maple/agave/stevia, whatever you like!
- Required: A Food Processor/Nutribullet/Power-blender
- Toast your cashews in a large pan for approximately 7-10 minutes on a medium heat until they start to brown.
- Tip the seeds into your blender cup. Add your melted coconut oil.
- Add your protein powder if using, and screw on the blender/food processor cup.
- Time to blend! As with my other nut butter recipes, the time required for this will vary depending on the blender/processor you use, and how powerful it is. I used my Nutribullet, and it took about 10-15 minutes of blending to get to that creamy stage where the oils are released from the seeds (aka GOALS). I usually blend in bursts, and take little breaks in between to scrape down the sides of the cup and shake up the mixture! You can always add a little extra coconut oil if you think the mixture is too dry.
Enjoy guys! So glad I’ve finally nailed cashew butter – and a chocolate protein-packed version at that! Tag me if you try this recipe out – @theirishbalance on Instagram!
Ciara 🙂 x