One of my favourite things to do when creating recipes is to take an old classic, and try to build it up somewhat from scratch. You guys have seen my Famous Fakeaway Pizza recipe (and if not, I’ve helpfully linked it for you to check out!), and this Sweet Potato Nachos creation is a similar idea. To give a bit of background about where this recipe came from, let me tell you about the Irish brand I’ve used in this recipe. I was recently lucky enough to come across a great new Irish company called FEED, who make absolutely delicious plant-based meal pots from super simple wholesome ingredients – beans, vegetables and spices. And some of my favourite spices at that – we’re talking cumin, paprika, turmeric, cinnamon, you name it. Currently these guys have two flavours available – Moroccan-Spiced Tagine and my personal favourite (by just a slim margin!), Lemongrass and Turmeric Curry. I used these pots during my Vegetarian Week and I was hooked – serious flavours, natural ingredients, ticking all those Irish Balance boxes! PLUS the best bit – for every pot you buy, FEED donate 1 school meal to a child in the developing world via a charity called Mary’s Meals. A seriously admirable ethos. So after some Instagram inspiration, I decided to give a homemade-ish version of Loaded Nachos a go using these delicious bean pots, with roasted sweet potato slices as a base!
This recipe is perfect for a lunch OR dinner, and it serves two – so if you’re cooking for one, its a win-win situation as well – you get to save half for the next day! At the moment you can find FEED in Super Valu in Ireland – but I feel it won’t be long until you’ll be seeing them in other supermarkets too! AND – this is NOT an ad or NOT a sponsored post. Similar to my Fakeaway Pizza post using Cool Beans, I just love spreading good recipe vibes with brands I’m loving using 🙂
Recipe (Serves 2)
- 1 medium sized sweet potato
- 1 pack of FEED Moroccan-Spiced Tagine
- 1/2 Ripe Avocado
- 50g Feta
- 2 handfuls of spinach
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C (fan oven).
- Slice the sweet potato into 1/2 inch thick circular pieces, and place onto a baking tray.
- Roast the sweet potato slices for 20-25 minutes. Flip after 15 minutes. I recommend checking again at 20 minutes and if a fork inserts into the flesh easily then they’re ready!
- While the sweet potato slices are cooking, you can get the rest ready! Heat the pack of FEED according to the package instructions.
- Wash the spinach leaves and set aside.
- Scoop the flesh from the avocado and chop into 1/2 inch chunks.
- Crumble the feta into a small bowl and set aside.
- When the sweet potato slices are ready, place them onto a plate as your nacho ‘base’.
- Place the spinach leaves on top of the sweet potato, and then spoon the FEED tagine mix over it all!
- Final steps – adding those delicious healthy fats! Add the chopped avocado and crumbled feta on top of your nacho mix, let the feta melt for a few seconds, and your foodporn is READY to go!
Enjoy guys! I really hope you like this one – it’s such a cheeky feast and 100% a healthy, fibre-packed, plant powered meal! I’ll be making this a regular feature on my meat free days! Tag me if you try this one out –@theirishbalance on Instagram or Twitter!
Ciara 🙂 x