There aren’t many words needed to describe how utterly DELICIOUS this nut butter is. It REALLY gets me that any nut butter that isn’t peanut-based is often priced a LOT higher – that goes for almonds, cashews, hazelnuts, and don’t get me started on seed butters! So when I started this blog, I knew I’d have to get my own little collection of homemade nut and seed butters on it. Making your own nut butters DOES require investing in a food processor or power blender, but I consider that a worthwhile purchase – the cost per use makes it a really valuable kitchen possession, trust me! Plus, making your own butter blends is cheaper, yields greater volume, and best of all, you OBVIOUSLY get to taste it as you make it! So, this time I’ve made a Roasted Pecan Butter with a chocolate cacao kick, and it is FRICKIN’ DELISH. Roasting the pecans gives a popcorn-style scent, and makes for easier blending too!
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 200g Raw Pecans (I bought mine in Lidl)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp of Cacao Powder
- Optional: I don’t usually add sweeteners to my nut/seed butters, but if you prefer a sweeter taste you could add 1 tbsp of honey/maple/agave/stevia, whatever you like!
- Required: A Food Processor/Nutribullet/Power-blender
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C, and line a baking tray with tinfoil.
- When the oven is ready, spread the pecans onto the tin foil, and roast in the oven for 10-15 minutes, checking at 5 minutes intervals so make sure they’re not burning!
- Tip the pecans into your blender cup.
- Add the olive oil, cacao and cinnamon (and the sweetener if including!)
- Time to blend! As with my other nut butter recipes, the time required for this will vary depending on the blender/processor you use, and how powerful it is. I used my Nutribullet, and it took literally FIVE minutes of blending to get to that creamy stage where the oils are released from the seeds (aka GOALS).
Enjoy guys! Absolutely obsessed with this one – everytime I open the jar it smells like popcorn dipped in chocolate! Tag me if you try the recipe out – @theirishbalance on Instagram or Twitter, you know the drill!
Ciara 🙂 x