GRANOLA. There, that got your attention didn’t it! I am so happy to be sharing the SECOND of my Guest Posts from the lovely Super Healthy Steph – this deliciously addictive pumpkin spiced goodness! In case you guys didn’t see Steph’s first Guest Post on my page, it was a beautiful recipe for Pumpkin Spice Pancakes , the link to which I’ve attached as you can see! Steph and I began chatting via Instagram earlier this year, and soon realised we share a big love for all things fitness and foodie! So we decided to put our heads together to come up with some recipes for you, all seasonal in the spirit of Autumn and Winter! Steph is sorting out your breakfast needs again with this gorgeous pumpkin granola, which is seriously easy to make, and totally customisable to your own favourite additions!
- 2tsp all spice (or more, if you like!)
- 80g coconut oil
- 40g honey
- 150g mixed nuts (Brazil, cashew, walnuts, almonds)
- 120g pumpkin purée
- 120g jumbo porridge oats
- Preheat the oven to 140C.
- Place all the nuts in the food processor and pulse for a few seconds, depending on how chunky you want to keep the mix.
- Remove the nuts from the food processor and stir in the jumbo oats, seeds and all spice.
- Melt the coconut oil with the honey, and then stir into the granola mix.
- Transfer mixture to a baking tray and place in the oven for approximately 30-35 minutes until toasted. Stir mixture 2-3 times during cooking (approximately every 10 minutes) to ensure it is evenly toasted. Add the raisins in the last ten minutes (or stir through afterwards).
- Remove from oven and allow to completely cool (the mix will harden as it cools too). Store in an air tight container for one week. Try not to eat it all in one go – but we wouldn’t judge you if you did obviously!
Enjoy guys! I really hope you love the recipe as much as Steph and I do. Granola is something that is found widely in supermarkets these days, but is often packed full of sugar. Of course this recipe isn’t sugar-free, but I think homemade granola is such a quick recipe to make using easily sourced, wholesome ingredients, so why not go for it? Tag us if you try this recipe out – @theirishbalance and @superhealthysteph on Instagram/Twitter/Facebook!