Golden Gingerbread Oats is a recipe I started to make earlier this week as an Overnight Protein Oats creation. It is one of my FAVOURITE recipes to make for a quick brekkie on the go before work – and transforming it into a bake was, I have to say, a pure stroke of genius. Yes, I did just call myself a genius. Ginger, cinnamon and turmeric are three of my absolute favourite spices, as anyone who follows my blog or Instagram will know! These Baked Gingerbread Protein Oats make four servings as a big tray-bake – so it’s perfect for your Sunday meal prepping, and you can freeze the slices if you need to as well! I can’t wait to see what you think of this one – let’s get baking!
NOTE: If you want to try this recipe without the protein powder I’ve used, then I recommend using half the liquid to start and adding a little more at a time until any dryness of the batter is covered!
Recipe (Makes 4 Servings)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 200g Quick Cook Oats (I used Flavahan’s)
- 4 Servings of Chocolate Protein Powder of Choice (I used Nuzest Vegan Protein)
- 500ml of milk of choice (I used Tesco Unsweetened Almond Milk)
- 100ml water
- 2 small handfuls of seeds of choice e.g. Sunflower, Pumpkin
- 1 small handful of blueberries
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C (fan oven). Line a baking tin with tinfoil and grease the tinfoil with a little melted coconut oil or olive oil – this stops the mix sticking!
- Take a large mixing bowl, and add your dry ingredients – oats, spices, half the seeds, baking powder and protein powder – and mix until combined.
- Add the milk, water and mashed banana next. Stir until combined.
- Pour the mixture into your baking tin, and smooth out with the back of a spoon until even.
- Sprinkle the other half of the seeds on top of the batter.
- Bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes. Check at 40 minutes by inserting a toothpick into the bake – if it comes out 99% clean you’re good to go!
- Leave to cool for 10-15 minutes until removing from the tin – then slice it up into four and you’ve got breakfast sorted for the week!
Enjoy guys! Tag me if you try these Golden Oats out – @theirishbalance on Instagram/Twitter/Facebook!
Ciara 🙂 x