I. LOVE. Black Beans. I feel like they’re a major unsung hero in the world dominated by chickpeas. Which I’m also obsessed with. But this week, I decided instead of making a batch of hummus, I would try something a little different. Enter black beans. They’re a favourite of mine to use with any Mexican-themed recipe, so I thought, why not make a spicy smokey dip? And here we have the result! I love using this dip with chopped raw veg, to top a buddha bowl, or just on its own…don’t judge! Let’s cook dudes.
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp mild chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp of ground smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp of tahini
- 1 400g tin of black beans, drained and rinsed
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1-2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- Like making your own hummus, this couldn’t be simpler! Just add all of your ingredients to your blender or food processor cup. Screw on the cap, and if you can, give the blender cup a shake.
- Get blitzing! If the mixture gets a little stuck, just add a teensy bit more olive oil or simply a splash of water to loosen it a little.
- When the texture is mostly puree, scoop it out from the blender and into a small bowl. Time to tuck in!
Enjoy guys! This recipe is a tasty little change up from my weekly hummus, so I hope you love it as much as me!
Ciara 🙂 x