I came up with this recipe a couple of weeks ago, on a night when (shock horror!) I realised I had no yoghurt for a late evening snack. So instead of running to the nearest store, I decided to try my hand at a recipe I had been meaning to get to for a while – a microwave protein muffin! It took a couple of tries, but I’m veeery happy with this final result, and I hope you guys are too!
- A dash of cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp ground almonds
- 1 scoop of protein powder of choice
- 1 egg white
- 70ml of milk of choice
- Grab a round deep mug, and add the dry ingredients first – protein powder, baking powder, cinnamon and ground almonds.
- Next, create a little well in the centre, and add the egg white and milk.
- Stir it all up until well combined.
- Microwave for 1 minute first, then in 30 second intervals until solid and spongy. Give it 2 minutes, and then an extra 30 seconds if it’s still a little wet.
- Taking care with the heat of the mug, remove from the microwave and turn the mug upside down onto a plate or into a bowl.
- Split the muffin in half, and top with your favourites – a square of dark chocolate, nut butter, whatever you like!
Enjoy guys! Tag me if you try this one out – I’d love to see your creations! You’ll find me at @theirishbalance as always!
Ciara 🙂 x