Truth time. I LOVE the idea of ‘slaw’, but I don’t eat it very often. With the exception of when I order homemade versions from some cafes I’ve tried it at in Dublin – for example, at Wellfest this year, I had a delicious slaw from The Happy Pear stand! The main reason I don’t eat coleslaw often is that a lot of classic supermarket coleslaw products are really heavy on the mayo and additives/preservatives, and I could never get on board with the taste. So, I decided with the glorious sunny weather Ireland has been basking in recently, that it was high time I ticked a ‘Super Summer Slaw’ off my blog bucket list and made my own! It turned out absolutely delicious, and I cannot wait to see what you guys think!
Recipe (Makes 1 large Salad or 5 Servings roughly)
For The Dressing
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 3 tsp flat leaf parsley
- 1 tbsp of honey
- 2 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 5 tbsp natural yogurt (I used Alpro Plain Yogurt)
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Optional: A pinch of fine pink sea salt (I used the brand Monsoon Season)
- 2 large carrots, peeled and shredded
- 1/2 white cabbage, washed and shredded
- 1/2 red cabbage, washed and shredded
- Add the veg to a large bowl, and mix it all up.
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a smaller bowl, and make sure to give it a quick taste before you’re 100% happy with it – feel free to add a little more tahini, honey, vinegar or yogurt as required!
- Pour the dressing on top of the veg, and using a large spoon, stir well until combined.
- Sprinkle a little extra parsley on top, and serve!
Enjoy guys! I hope you like this recipe as much as me – try not to eat it all at once! Tag me if you try it out – @theirishbalance on Instagram/Twitter/Facebook!
Ciara 🙂 x
2 thoughts on “Ciara’s Super Summer Slaw”
LikeLiked by 1 person