Sweet holy mother of vegan deliciousness. This recipe has been a LONG time coming, and I now know there’s a reason they say ‘good things come to those who wait.’ In fact, I’m gonna say GREAT things, never mind good – especially because today I bring you not one, but TWO recipes! Recently, for meal prep I decided to go with a simple but tasty ‘Buddha Bowl’ style dish, and combine it with a big scoop of this creamy cashew sauce on top. If you aren’t familiar with buddha bowls, they were a 2017 foodie trend that have happily stuck around, and essentially are meals consisting of bowls of food, usually made up on greens, a protein source, a grain, and lots of veggies, with nuts, seeds or dressing on top. So my buddha bowl for this sauce (see picture below) was an Irish Balance creation – spinach, roasted sweet potato, lentils, cinnamon roast chickpeas, broccoli and bell peppers! The sauce however, is the piece de resistance. And GUESS WHAT – You can find a SECOND recipe through this post – my Creamy Vegan Mac & Cheese recipe, which was entirely inspired by creating this sauce! How SOUND am I.
Recipe (Makes 1 Jar of Sauce)
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled and finely diced
- 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 3 heaped tsp of Nutritional Yeast Flakes
- 100g of Raw Cashews
- 4 tbsp of water (You can add 2 tbsp extra if you want a more liquid dressing!)
- 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- Soak the cashews in a small bowl of boiled water (make sure they are covered with water) for 15 minutes to soften them.
- Add the remaining ingredients to your blender or food processor – mustard, lemon, nutritional yeast flakes, water, cider vinegar, and garlic.
- When the 15 minutes are up, drain the cashews and add them to the rest of the ingredients.
- Blitz everything up (I use my Nutribullet!) and you’re good to go!
Enjoy guys! Tag me if you try this recipe out – it is SO DAMN GOOD! You know where to find me – @theirishbalance on Instagram/Twitter/Facebook!
Ciara 🙂 x