To accompany my Creamy Vegan Cashew Sauce, I decided to create a similar but slightly more liquid-based and pasta-friendly version for a Vegan Mac & Cheese! It turned out totally delicious, so I decided to share the happy result with you guys while sharing the vegan sauce recipe! I hope you become as hopelessly addicted to it as me!
Recipe (Serves 2)
- 100g cashews
- 1/3 cup almond milk (I use Alpro)
- 1/2 red Onion
- 1 clove Garlic
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 3 tbsp Nutritional Yeast flakes
- 3 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Natural Yoghurt (I use Alpro here too!)
- 2 servings of wholemeal or other pasta (I love chickpea pasta as you can see in the photo!)
- Soak the cashews for 10 minutes in boiled water first.
- Set the broccoli and mushrooms aside also.
- Place a pot of water on a high heat until the water is boiling, and then tip in the pasta serving in, and cook for the allocated time as per your packet.
- While the water is boiling/pasta cooking, you’re gonna do your sauce. Drain the cashews, and tip them into your blender or food processor, and add the rest of the ingredients as above.
- Blend until fully liquidised (this should happen easy enough!)
- When the pasta is done, drain it and tip it into two bowls.
- Pour the cashew sauce on top, and stir to mix it through the pasta.
- Serve, and enjoy!
NOM! Tag me if you try this one out as always guys – @theirishbalance on Instagram/Twitter/Facebook!
Ciara 🙂 x