Hummus is quite literally, a vice of mine. It’s also one of my weekly meal prep essentials – every Saturday or Sunday, I will blitz up a jar of chickpeas to create my favourite beetroot hummus recipe, and it always makes me so happy to have it at home to scoop on top of dinners in the evenings, or just as a snack! It’s a fantastic food, packed full of plant protein and fibre. This time around, I decided that I finally might want a change from beetroot, so I mixed it up with a cheeky addition of spinach! The result was a delicious green hummus twist with all of the flavour of my Classic Hummus recipe, and plus the green micro-nutrient goodness of the spinach!
Recipe (Makes 1 big jar of hummus)
- 1 garlic cloved, diced
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 handful of washed spinach leaves, torn into smaller pieces
- 1 400g tin of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp of tahini
- This couldn’t be easier. Grab your food processor/Nutribullet/power blender, and add all of your ingredients to it.
- Blitz on high power for 5 minutes or so. If it’s still a little slow to blend, add a dash more oil or just a splash of water!
- When it’s reached a smooth hummus texture (I like it to still be a little rough!), scoop it out of the blender and try not to each it all at once!
Enjoy guys! Tag me if you try this one out – @theirishbalance on Instagram/Twitter/Facebook!
Ciara 🙂 x