I may have a slight obsession with roasted cauliflower. I don’t know if anyone has said that sentence before… but sue me, you guys know I love veg, so it should be no surprise! I recently spent a week at Cookery School, as some of you may know, and I was over the moon when we tried a roast cauliflower recipe – a delicious, cumin-spiced side dish with added sweetness from sultanas and crunch of pistachios! While my version I’ve created as a simple dinner side dish or a salad base isn’t quite as exotic, this is a really great recipe I’m proud of, that features some of my favourite spices – turmeric, cumin and a little splash of cinnamon too!
Recipe (Makes 1 large side dish)
- 1.5 tbsp of good quality honey
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- A dash of ground cinnamon
- 1 red onion, roughly chopped
- 1 head of cauliflower, leaves removed, washed and broken into florets
- A twist of black pepper
- A squeeze of the juice of half a lemon
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C (fan oven). Line a baking tray with greased tinfoil or grease-proof paper.
- Take a large mixing bowl and add the cauliflower florets and red onion to it.
- Drizzle the olive oil on top, and toss the florets in the oil with a spoon until well coated.
- Sprinkle the ground turmeric, cumin and black pepper on top next, and mix again so that the spices are evenly distributed across the florets.
- Finally, drizzle the honey onto the mix, and stir it all up again!
- Squeeze the lemon juice on top, and then tip the cauliflower onto the baking tray.
- Roast in the oven for 30-35 minutes, tossing the florets half way through. You want the florets to be slightly charred when it’s ready – but not burnt!
Enjoy gang! Tag me if you try this recipe out – @theirishbalance on Instagram/Twitter/Facebook!
Ciara 🙂 x