I love butter beans. One of my favourite recipes on my blog is my Smoky Baked Beans, which is made with chickpeas, but I’m a big fan of subbing butter beans in there. You guys know I’m a big hummus addict, making a batch every weekend (which never lasts the full week!) A brand I’m a big fan of, White Mausu, has (among many) this amazing product called Peanut Rayu. It has developed a bit of a cult following in Dublin, and I’m totally hooked. Recently, White Mausu launched an Instagram competition to share a recipe favourite using their Rayu – and you guys know I love a challenge! So this Peanut Butter Bean Hummus is my competition entry – the prize is a YEAR’S supply of Rayu. Oh man. So this below is my basic recipe, to which you can add your rayu – if you’re lucky enough to have found it!
Recipe (Makes 1 big jar of hummus)
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 400g tin of butter beans, drained and rinsed
- Juice of 1/2 Lemon
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp good quality peanut butter
- Optional: If you’re lucky enough to have it, add 1 tbsp of Peanut Rayu before blending!
- Using a Nutribullet or blender equivalent, chuck all of the ingredients into the blender cup, screw on the cap and give it a shake.
- Blend, and then serve, and try not to eat it all at once!
Enjoy guys! Tag me if you try this one out – I’m @theirishbalance on Instagram/Twitter/Facebook!
Ciara 🙂 x