It’s no secret that I’m a BIG hummus addict. I make a batch every single weekend, and I try to vary it a little bit each time – beetroot hummus and green hummus with spinach (recipes for those are already on my blog – find the green hummus here) being two of my favourites. So to celebrate creating some recipes with some goodies I was sent by the lovely gang at Kilner, I decided to combine my loves of hummus and baba ganoush with a minty aubergine hummus!
Recipe (Makes 1 big jar of hummus)
- 1/2 tsp dried mint
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 heaped tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 400g tin of chickpeas
- 1 aubergine
- Seasoning for roasting the aubergine: Sea Salt & Black Pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C and line a baking tray with tinfoil greased with a little olive oil.
- Sliced the top leafy part off the aubergine, and then slice it lengthways. Using a sharp knife (take care!) slice criss crosses into the flesh of each aubergine half, and drizzle a little olive oil, sea salt and black pepper on top. When the oven is ready, roast the aubergines until the flesh is soft (usually 35-40 minutes).
- While the aubergines are roasting, pop the rest of your ingredients into your blender cup (I use a Nutribullet for my hummus).
- When the aubergines are cooked, allow to cool for a few minutes, and then scoop the flesh out of the skins, and pop it into your blender cup.
- Screw on the lid, whizz it all up, and you’ve got yourself a creamy jar of hummus goodness!
Enjoy guys! Tag me if you try this out – @theirishbalance on Instagram/Twitter/Facebook!
Ciara 🙂 x