This is a super simple salad you can make ahead of a new week, packed full of wholegrain goodness, micro-nutrients from your veggies (3 of your 5 a day in here also!), and wholesome protein from the fish! Plus, by having a portion of oily fish in this salad you’re getting in one of your two recommended servings per week. A lunch that packs a nutritional punch!
Recipe (Serves 2)
For the Salad
- 2 servings of wholegrain/brown rice or quinoa
- 2 handfuls of washed spinach leaves
- 5 cherry tomatoes, diced into halves
- 1 cup of washed broccoli florets
- 1 red bell pepper, core removed and chopped into 1 inch chunks
- 1 serving of tinned wild salmon/mackerel
- 1 tbsp of pumpkin seeds
For the Dressing
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- A twist of black pepper
- Mix the dressing ingredients together, and set aside.
- Cook the rice or quinoa according to package instructions, and allow to cool.
- Combine the spinach leaves, tomatoes, broccoli, pepper chunks, and seeds in a mixing bowl.
- Add the rice/quinoa, and mix everything together.
- Toss your dressing on top, and stir to mix it in.
- Drain the salmon/mackerel tin, and then add the fish to your salad.
- Serve or store in your lunch box for the next day!
Ciara 🙂 x