And we are onto the THIRD ingredient in the Plant Slant Series! This month’s favourite, brought to you by myself and my friend, fellow foodie blogger and trainee dietitian Cliodhna (@fuelingthefitlife on Instagram) is SWEET POTATO. Yaaasss I hear you all say! And rightly so! Cliodhna and I LOVE sweet potato – sweet or savoury, there are SO man recipe options, and its a regular pick up in my weekly shop. So this recipe is the SWEET one using sweet potato for you guys – sweet potato toasts! A recipe for breakfast with a difference. Don’t know it until you’ve tried it – and then you’ll be hooked anyway!
Our previous two ingredients were chickpeas and eggs – you can find our recipes for those on my blog by clicking here for chickpeas and here for eggs!
Recipe (Serves 2 – Dependent on the sweet potato size you get)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 medium sized sweet potato, washed and sliced into rounds
- Toppings of Choice: I suggest nut butters, tahini, granola, yoghurt, cacao nibs, and/or berries!
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C (fan oven), and line a baking tray with tinfoil greased with a little olive oil.
- Toss the olive oil and cinnamon onto the sweet potato rounds, and ensure all are coated.
- Roast the sweet potato slices for 20-25 minutes, flipping them halfway. They should be done when a fork pierces the flesh easily.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes, then get creative with your toppings! I love to add a scoop of nut butter and yoghurt onto mine, then finish it with a sprinkle of seeds, berries or granola!
Enjoy guys! Tag us if you try this recipe out – @theirishbalance on Instagram/Twitter/Facebook, you know where to find me!
Ciara 🙂 x