With Halloween come and gone, and the Thanksgiving holiday just around the corner, it’s a great time to have pumpkin as a key ingredient in recipes! After we carved ours for Halloween we had a LOT of pumpkin flesh leftover, so I decided to get creative and try a creamy Autumn hummus using some roasted chunks of it! The result was a delicious new recipe you guys get to try!
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup roasted pumpkin flesh (or half a 400g tin of pumpkin puree)
- 1 400g tin of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- A twist of black pepper
- This recipe is so simple! Pop the ingredients into your food processor or blender cup (I use a Nutri-bullet!).
- Blitz it all up until creamy and a teensy bit coarse in texture. Scoop out and serve!
- This keeps in the fridge for up to 1 week, but I bet it won’t even last that long – it’s tasty!
Enjoy guys! Tag me if you try this one out – @theirishbalance on Instagram/Twitter/Facebook!
Ciara 🙂 x