Time to deliver some deliciously seasonal recipes to you all! It’s my favourite time of year – Autumn moving into Winter, and Christmas fast approaching (yes, I said it, embrace it!) As I am a Boston-born girl, I also always love giving Thanksgiving a little shout out too, and as the holiday was this week, I wanted to share some recipes that use ingredients that are both popular at this time of year and big favourites of mine to cook with. This recipe, and my Aubergine & Chickpea Falafels are fantastic for meal prep as well as being great seasonal side and main dishes for the Christmas table, particularly for those of you who are vegetarian or vegan and looking for some plant-based recipes for the holidays ahead.
Recipe (Serves 3-4)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp of honey (you could also use maple syrup)
- 2 medium-large sweet potatoes
- A pinch of sea salt and a twist of black pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C (fan oven), and line a baking tray with tinfoil greased with a little olive oil.
- Wash the sweet potatoes, and then slice them into wedges. Pop them into a big mixing bowl.
- Pour the olive oil on top of the sweet potatoes and stir it in so the wedges are all covered.
- Add the honey, cinnamon and seasoning and mix everything up so the wedges get coated in the spice and honey too!
- Pop the wedges onto the tray, and then roast them in the oven for about 30 minutes until a fork pierces the sweet potato flesh easily and they’re a little bit golden with the honey! I would turn them half way too!
Enjoy guys! Tag me if you try this recipe out – @theirishbalance on Instagram/Twitter/Facebook!
Ciara 🙂 x
One thought on “Cinnamon & Honey Roast Sweet Potatoes”