Well gang, here is another SUCCESS for the vegetarian recipe collection! I’m so excited to share this latest creation – one I was really keen to make as tasty as possible! I’ve worked a spicy little black bean sauce into this veggie stir fry for a plant protein punch, and I hope you enjoy it as much as my family and I did!
Recipe (Serves 5)
- 1 tbsp sesame oil (for cooking)
- 1 red onion (or white), peeled and diced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and diced into thin strips
- 200g button mushrooms, stem removed and washed
- 2 cups of broccoli florets, washed
- 1 400g tin of black beans
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp water
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1/4 tsp mild chili powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 fistful of raw cashews, chopped roughly
- First, make the black bean sauce – blitz half the black beans with the apple cider vinegar, water, soy sauce, chili powder and ginger. Set aside in a small bowl.
- Prepare your veggies next, and set aside.
- Heat the oil the your wok or pan on a medium heat, and fry the veggies – onions first, then add the mushrooms, broccoli and carrots. Stir fry the veggies for 5-7 minutes until the onions are translucent.
- Next add the rest of the black beans and the cashews, and stir again.
- Add your black bean sauce, season with a little black pepper, and mix the sauce in. Add a splash of water and stir again.
- Add the honey to the pan and mix it in.
- Cook the stir fry mix for another 5 minutes to really get the veggies and beans stuck into your delicious sauce.
- If you’re serving your stir fry with rice (I usually have it with brown rice, but noodles would be great too!), cook according to package instructions while your stir fry cooks!
- Once your side is ready, you’re good to go! Tuck in!
Enjoy guys! Tag me if you try this recipe out – @theirishbalance on Instagram/Twitter/Facebook!
Ciara 🙂 x