I. Love. Butter. Beans. And I adore miso. And you all know I’m obsessed with nut butter! This tasty, simple and quick recipe combines all three – a match made in foodie heaven!
Recipe (Serves 3)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 red onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 medium aubergine
- 1 400g tin of butter beans
- 4 tbsp white miso paste
- 3 tbsp almond or peanut butter
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Season: A pinch of sea salt and a twist of black pepper
- Prepare your veggies and garlic by washing and dicing them up, and then set them aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a pot in medium heat, and then add the onions and garlic. Sweat the onions for 3-4 minutes.
- Next, add the diced aubergine and red pepper, and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add the butter beans, miso paste, vinegar, lemon juice, ginger and soy sauce, and stir everything up.
- Season with the sea salt and black pepper and add a splash of water if the beans stick a little.
- Turn the heat all the way down and give the beans 3-4 minutes to cook away in the pot.
- You’re good to go! Serve however you like – I love tucking into a bowl of this with some spinach or other salad greens for a lunch dish, but it would also be great as a dinner with maybe a side of brown or wholegrain rice, or roasted sweet potato!
Enjoy guys! Tag me if you try this one out – @theirishbalance on Instagram/Twitter/Facebook!
Ciara 🙂 x