This recipe probably needs no introduction. I have yet to find a person who doesn’t love guacamole! I adore it – maybe not quite as much as I love hummus, but nearly. In fact, I can’t believe it’s taken me this long to get a recipe together for you guys! But hey, summer season has me totally inspired with a rake of fresh foodie ideas to bring to the blog for you – and this guacamole is no different! Pair it with whatever dinner you like – a Mexican style feast is the obvious choice, but honestly, I add it to any and everything when I have it at home!
Recipe (Serves 4-5)
- 1 handful of fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 1/4 red onion
- 5 cherry tomatoes, diced
- 1 green chili, de-seeded and finely diced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 large ripe avocado
- Dice up your red onion, cherry tomatoes and coriander, and add them to a small bowl.
- Chop up the chili separately – and wash your hands afterwards, trust me! – add then add it to the bowl.
- Squeeze the lime juice into the bowl.
- Slice the avocado in half, remove the stone, and scoop the ripe flesh into a separate bowl. Mash it up with a fork.
- Add the avocado to the bowl with the rest of the ingredients, and then mix everything up until the other ingredients are combined within the avocado mash.
And that’s it! Serve, and watch the guac-a-goodness disappear before your eyes – make sure you grab a spoon for yourself before it’s all gone! Tag me if you try this one out guys, I would love to see how you use it – @theirishbalance on Instagram/Twitter/Facebook!
Ciara 🙂 x