After the success of my Chocolate Chip Chickpea Blondies, I was on a butter bean vibe recently (yes, that’s a thing!) and was feeling like brownies – so this was the happy result! I hope you guys find them as tasty and more-ish as I did!
Recipe (Makes 12 Brownies)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 heaped tbsp of peanut butter
- 3 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 70ml of milk
- 80g of oats, blended into flour
- 1 banana
- 1 400g tin of butter beans
- 50g (or six squares) of 70% or above dark chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- Pre-heat the oven to 175C (fan oven), and line an 8×8 inch baking tray (about 1 inch deep) with grease-proof paper or greased tinfoil.
- Combine the wet ingredients – butter beans, peanut butter, sweetener, banana and milk in a blender or food processor, and blend until smooth.
- Add your dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl – oat flour, cinnamon and baking soda – and stir together with a spoon.
- Pour the blended wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry. Mix together until everything completely combined.
- Melt the chocolate pieces in a bowl in the microwave (1-2 minutes worked for me!)
- Add the melted chocolate to the batter and stir it in. Add a splash extra milk at this stage if you feel it is too dry.
- Pour the batter into your baking tin, and bake in the oven for 30 minutes. A toothpick or fork should come out clean at this stage. I recommend checking at 30 minutes and see how you think its shaping up – if the fork/toothpick has batter on it when you stick it in, give the brownies another 5-7 minutes.
- Leave to cool in the tray for 20 minutes, then slice the brownies up and serve!
Enjoy guys! Tag me if you try this recipe out – @theirishbalance on Instagram/Twitter/Facebook!
Ciara 🙂 x