Another taste-tastic recipe for you guys in this week’s creation – based on a great soup recipe I created recently. I hope you love it as much as I do!
Recipe (Serves 3)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (or your preferred cooking oil!)
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 1/2 tsp mild chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp of medium curry powder
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 white onion, peeled and chopped finely
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and diced into coins, then coins halved
- 2 cups of broccoli florets, washed
- 2 handfuls of washed spinach leaves
- 1 x 400g tins of butter beans
- 1 400ml tin of coconut milk
- 400ml of vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp of peanut butter
- Seasoning: 1/2 tsp of salt and a little black pepper
- Heat the oil in a medium sized pot on your cooking hob/stove, then add the onions and garlic, and cook for 3-4 minutes to sweat the onions a little.
- Add your broccoli, carrots and spinach and stir.
- Add the spices and stir to combine them into the veggies.
- Add the stock, butter beans and coconut milk, and mix everything up again.
- Lastly, add the peanut butter, season, and bring to the boil.
- Turn the heat down to the lowest setting and simmer for 20 minutes, then tuck in.
- Serve with your side of choice (rice, quinoa, or greens for example) instead of blending it into soup.
- You can freeze portions of this soup too – just ensure you defrost before consuming.
Enjoy guys! Tag me if you try this one out – @theirishbalance on Instagram/Twitter/Facebook!
Ciara 🙂 x