Summer is definitely here, and with it, a need for fresh and tasty recipes! So this latest creation is a recent favourite of mine – full of colourful vegetables, tasty quinoa and one of my favourite ingredients, feta!
Recipe (Serves 4 as a lunch dish or 5-6 as a side salad to dinner)
- 1 tbsp olive or rapeseed oil
- 2 tbsp of tahini
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 courgette
- 1 red pepper
- 3 medium carrots
- 1 aubergine
- 1 x 400g tin of chickpeas
- 200g of uncooked quinoa
- 100g of feta cheese, chopped into small 1/2 inch chunks
- Salt and black pepper, to season
- Vegetable stock (or water) – for cooking the quinoa (see the package instructions of your brand for cooking)
- Cook the quinoa according to package instructions and set aside when done.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C (fan oven) and line a baking tray with tin foil greased with a little olive oil.
- While the quinoa is cooking, wash your veggies. Peel the carrots and slice into short sticks. Slice the aubergine and courgette into 1 inch chunks. De-seed the pepper and again dice into chunks. Tip the veggies into a big bowl, and toss them with the olive oil, salt and pepper (just a pinch of salt and a few twists of black pepper).
- Spread the veggies onto the baking tray and when the oven is ready, roast them for 25 minutes, turning halfway.
- Add the quinoa to a large mixing bowl, then tip the roasted veggies in on top of them.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas, then add these too.
- Combine the tahini and lemon juice in a small bowl, and drizzle it onto the salad, mixing it so the veggies and quinoa are coated.
- Add the feta, and stir it in using a big spoon.
- Your salad is ready! Tuck in!
Enjoy guys! Tag me if you try this one out – @theirishbalance on Instagram/Twitter/Facebook!
Ciara 🙂 x