This is a super simple stir fry recipe that packs in 3 servings of veggies, a plant protein punch from tofu, and a tasty kick from a mixture of honey, tahini and soy sauce (or tamari!). I loved creating this recipe, and I hope you enjoy making it too!
Recipe (Serves 2)
- 1 tbsp of cooking oil of choice
- 1 tsp of ground ginger
- 1 tbsp of honey
- 2 tbsp of tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tbsp of tahini
- 1 tbsp of miso paste
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and finely diced
- 1 red onion, peeled
- 2 cups of broccoli florets
- 1 yellow pepper (de-seeded and sliced into 1 inch chunks)
- 1 medium courgette (top head/stem removed, and sliced into coins, then coins halved and quartered)
- 4 tbsp of sweetcorn
- 200g of tofu, drained and chopped into 1 inch chunks
- To Serve: You can serve this stir fry with your grain of choice – I love quinoa, and rice would work very well too of course, always a classic! So you’ll need 2 servings of your grain of choice.
- Prepare your veggies by washing and chopping them up as above in the ingredients. Set aside.
- Chop up the tofu, and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a medium pot, then add the onion and garlic. Cook for 3-4 minutes to soften the onions.
- Add the rest of your veggies, and fry for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add the ginger, honey, tahini and tamari/soy sauce, followed by the tofu chunks and sweetcorn. Stir to mix everything up, then turn the heat down to continue to cook the veg and tofu for a few minutes (aim for 7-10, but keep stirring to avoid the mix sticking to the pot).
- Cook your grain according to package instructions while your stir fry cooks up.
- Time to serve! Serve your side, pop the stir fry on top and tuck in!
Enjoy guys! Tag me if you try this one out – @theirishbalance on Instagram/Twitter/Facebook!
Ciara 🙂 x