This is a super simple baked falafel recipe which I’ve adapted from my Chickpea Burger recipe, and I shared it recently as part of my Farro Salad so I decided to share this recipe on its own! I LOVE falafel, and I hope you guys love this recipe too!
Recipe (Makes 10-11 Falafels)
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tsp oat flour (I blitz Flahavan’s Oats in my blender!)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp of tahini
- 1 400g tin of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- A twist of black pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 175C (non-fan oven) and line a baking tray with tinfoil. Grease the tinfoil with a little olive oil (to stop the burger sticking as it bakes!)
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas, and transfer to a bowl.
- Using a fork, mash the chickpeas fully.
- Add the olive oil, tamari/soy sauce, lemon juice, tahini, and spices.
- Stir using a spoon to combine everything – you should have a coarse texture to your mix.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl, and using your hands, shape the blend into falafel balls.
- Place the falafels onto the baking tray, and when the oven is ready, pop them in for about 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and allow to cool.
- Serve however you choose! I love adding these to a salad, or popping them into a pitta pocket!
Enjoy guys! As always, tag me if you try these out, @theirishbalance on Instagram/Twitter/Facebook!
Ciara 🙂 x