This recipe is based on my Tahini Hazelnut Cookies with a couple of ingredients changed up – these bakes turned out pretty delicious so I decided to share the recipe here!
Recipe (Makes 10 Cookies)
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp ground turmeric
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 heaped tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp of water
- 2 heaped tbsp of milled/ground flaxseed
- 150g of quick cook oats
- 130ml of milk
- 5 dried figs, chopped into small pieces
- Pre-heat the oven to 175C. Line a baking tray with tinfoil (greased with a little oil or butter) or greaseproof paper.
- Take a large mixing bowl and add all the dry ingredients to it – oats, milled flaxseed, cinnamon, ginger and turmeric, and mix to combine them.
- In a small bowl, add the tahini and water and stir to combine them, to loosen out the tahini a little. Set aside.
- Add the honey and milk to the dry ingredients and stir. Next, add the tahini/water mix, and stir everything up again.
- Add the chopped fig pieces and fold them into the batter.
- Using a spoon, transfer small scoops of the batter onto the baking tray, and flatten and shape each one into a round cookie.
- Pop the cookies into the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes – check them at 30 and if a toothpick or fork inserted into the centre of the cookie comes out clean, you’re good to go!
- Allow to cool for 20 minutes before giving them a taste test with a cuppa! Store in a sealed Tupperware container for up to 3-4 days or freeze the batch. (if you’re freezing them, defrost each one before consuming – I reheat mine in the microwave for about 20-30 seconds, or pop them in the fridge overnight wrapped up and grab them in the morning).
Enjoy guys! Tag me if you try these out – @theirishbalance on Instagram/Twitter/Facebook!