As you all know, I LOVE falafel, and hummus, and tahini. So in this super simple lunch recipe, I’ve combined a few of my favourites into one! It’s a quick and easy creation to make on the day to eat, or to wrap up or pop into a Tupper-ware for a work/college/school lunch.
Recipe (Serves 3)
- You’ll need a batch of my Chickpea Falafels or you can pick up pre-prepared falafels in many supermarkets now (I recently used the brand Cauldron Foods – that’s not an ad!). I use 2-3 falafels per serving.
- 3 wholemeal pitta pockets
- 200g of baby tomatoes
- 3 handfuls of spinach leaves
- 3 tbsp of hummus
- 3 tbsp of tahini
- 100g of feta cheese, crumbled into small pieces
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced into chunks
- Wash your tomatoes and spinach leaves. Slice the baby tomatoes in half and set aside.
- Make the falafels according to the recipe (I’ve linked it here) and set aside to cool. If you have bought a pack that are pre-prepared, skip this step!
- Time to assemble your mezze – you can do this on a plate or in a Tupper-ware to bring to work/college/school – take the pitta pocket, slice it in half, and then slice the halves open (take care doing so!).
- Stuff it with the spinach leaves into the pitta pocket, and then a 3-4 halves of the baby tomatoes.
- Add a scoop of the hummus into the pitta, followed by 1-2 of the falafels.
- Add the feta pieces, and the avocado slices.
- Add a scoop of the tahini on top, followed by a spoon of the mint yoghurt, and you’re good to go! Tuck in or store in a Tupper-ware for your lunch.
Enjoy guys! As always, tag me if you try this recipe out – @theirishbalance on Instagram/Twitter/Facebook!
Ciara 🙂 x