A super simple stir fry recipe which uses one of my all-time favourite ingredients – chickpeas! This is a very handy go-to recipe on a busy weeknight – it packs 3 servings of your recommended 5-7 servings of fruits and vegetables per day too!
Recipe (Serves 3-4)
- 1 tbsp olive or rapeseed oil
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 red onion, peeled and diced
- 1 bell pepper, de-seed, stem removed and chopped into 1-inch chunks
- 1 medium courgette, head removed and sliced into coins, then coins halved
- 2 cups of broccoli florets
- 1 400g tin of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp miso paste + 1 tbsp boiled hot water (mixed together)
- To serve: 3-4 servings of wholewheat noodles
- Prepare your garlic and veggies first as above in the ingredients list. Wash the veg too!
- Heat the oil in a pot or pan on the hob/stove. Add the garlic and onions and cook for 3-4 minutes to sweat the onions.
- Add the ginger and stir to coat the onions in it.
- Add the veggies and stir again for another 3-4 minutes.
- Next, add the soy sauce, miso paste/water mix and honey. Stir to coat the veggies in the liquid.
- Add the tin of chickpeas, and stir again.
- Cook for another 5-10 minutes on a low heat, until the veggies are softened, stirring frequently. Cook your noodles according to package instructions during this time.
- Serve up and tuck in!
Enjoy guys! As always, tag me if you try this recipe out – @theirishbalance on Instagram/Twitter/Facebook!
Ciara 🙂 x