This is a super quick but super delicious homemade protein bar recipe which combines quinoa, oats, a nutty crunch and a little chocolate! Sounds good right? Let’s get to it!
Recipe (Makes 8-10 Bars)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp of honey
- 3 tbsp chocolate protein powder (I used chocolate pea protein but you can use any you prefer – the flavour you use will flavour the bars remember)
- 1 big handful of mixed raw nuts (I love using walnuts and cashews)
- 1 tbsp of seeds (chia, pumpkin, sunflower, whatever you prefer!)
- 2 tbsp of dry uncooked quinoa
- 2 heaped tbsp of peanut butter
- 150g oats
- 100ml milk
- 1 tbsp of water
- This recipe couldn’t be simpler – literally, combine everything in a large bowl, and get mixing! It’s easiest if you start with the dry ingredients, then add the wet, and then combine it all. If you feel your batter needs a bit of extra milk (or water), go for it – feel free to experiment. The consistency you’re aiming for is something you can scoop with a spoon, but not pour out of the bowl.
- Take a square dish either lined with greaseproof paper or tinfoil greased with a little oil (I usually use grease tinfoil with a little olive oil), and add your batter to the dish, flattening it out so it’s evenly spread out. It should make a roughly square shape in the dish – don’t worry if it doesn’t fill the entire thing, it usually doesn’t for me!
- Place the dish in the fridge to allow the bars to set for 2 hours.
- Remove from the fridge, slice up into bars and try not to eat them all at once!
- Store these bars in a tupperware in the fridge, or you could freeze them for consumption at a later date.
Enjoy guys! Tag me if you try these out – @theirishbalance on Instagram/Twitter/Facebook!
Ciara 🙂 x
3 thoughts on “No Bake Nutty Quinoa Bars”
What a quick recipe of the mixture containing raw nuts and seeds which are high in proteins. Thank you so much for sharing this lovely recipe.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you for the kind comment!
Thank you for commenting!