This is a super simple recipe I love to keep in the back pocket for a quick weekend dinner you can save the other half of for the next day! Feel free to substitute the tempeh for tofu if you prefer it.
Recipe (Serves 2)
- 1 tbsp of olive or rapeseed oil
- 1 tsp of ground ginger
- 2 tbsp of tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tbsp of miso paste + 2 tbsp boiled hot water
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and finely diced
- 1 red onion, peeled
- 2 cups of broccoli florets
- 1 bell pepper (de-seeded and sliced into 1 inch chunks)
- 200g of tempeh, chopped into 1 inch chunks (I use the brand Tofoo)
- To Serve: 2 servings of wholewheat noodles (I use the Blue Dragon brand but you can use whichever you prefer!)
- Prepare your veggies by washing and chopping them up as above in the ingredients. Set aside.
- Chop up the tempeh, and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a medium pot, then add the onion and garlic. Cook for 3-4 minutes to soften the onions.
- Add the rest of your veggies, and fry for another 3-4 minutes.
- Mix the miso and water to dissolve the miso in the water in a small bowl.
- Add the ginger and tamari/soy sauce, followed by the tempeh pieces. Stir to mix everything up, then turn the heat down to continue to cook the veg and tempeh for a few minutes (aim for 7-10, but keep stirring to avoid the mix sticking to the pot).
- Add the miso/water mix and then stir everything up again.
- Cook your noodles according to package instructions while your stir fry cooks up on a low heat.
- Time to serve! Serve your noodles, pop the stir fry on top and tuck in!
Enjoy guys! Tag me if you try this one out – @theirishbalance on Instagram/Twitter/Facebook!
Ciara 🙂 x
One thought on “Miso Tempeh Noodle Stir Fry”
Looks really tasty!
LikeLiked by 1 person