This recipe is a lovely colourful creation, ideal to brighten up dark January days! I’m so excited to see you guys try it – one of my favourites on the blog to date!
Recipe (Serves 4-5)
- A few stalks of fresh coriander
- 10 cherry/baby tomatoes
- 1 400g tin of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 mango
- 1 red bell pepper, de-seeded, core removed, and sliced into bite-size pieces
- Juice of 1 lime
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C and line a baking tray with tinfoil greased with a little olive oil.
- Wash the sweet potato, and then chop the sweet potato in bite-size chunks, and spread the chunks onto the baking tray. Roast in the oven for approximately 30 minutes until a fork pierces the flesh easily, turning the chunks over halfway.
- While the sweet potatoes are roasting, prepare the rest of the ingredients. Take a large mixing bowl, and add the drained and rinsed black beans.
- Chop up the avocado flesh into small pieces, and add those to the bowl.
- Slice the tomatoes into quarters, and add those to the salad.
- Slice the skin off the mango, and slice up the mango flesh into small pieces. Add those too!
- Take the fresh coriander, and remove the leaves from the stalks. Add the leaves to the salad.
- Stir everything up until well mixed.
- Slice to lime in half and squeeze the juice of each half into the bowl. Stir everything up again.
- When the sweet potatoes are done, allow them to cool for about 20 minutes, then add them to the salad, and stir everything up again.
- You’re done! Serve as the salad is or add portions to lunchboxes – this made a really handy colourful work lunch for me recently! Feel free to add a handful of spinach or other greens to the lunchboxes if you like, that’s what I did!
Enjoy guys! Tag me if you try this one out – @theirishbalance on Instagram/Twitter/Facebook!
Ciara 🙂 x