A super handy make-ahead breakfast that gives you 4 servings in one go! I hope you love it as much as I did – a great alternative to Overnight Oats that uses very similar ingredients.
Recipe (Serves 4)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp whole chia seeds
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed (or just double up on the chia seeds)
- 1 tbsp of honey
- 200g of quick cook oats
- 250ml milk
- 100g of blueberries
- 6 strawberries, stem removed and sliced lengthways
- 2 bananas
- 2 handfuls of mixed nuts, roughly chopped (I love walnuts and almonds)
- Pre-heat the oven to 175C, and line a square baking dish with grease-proof paper. If you don’t have a square one that’s fine, just remember this batch makes 4 portions! If you have ramekins, you could bake the mixture into four of those, but I haven’t done this so the cooking time wouldn’t be the same!
- Take a large mixing bowl, and add the dry ingredients – oats, mixed nuts, spices and chia/flax seeds – and stir to combine.
- Mash 2 bananas into almost liquid-like consistency in a separate bowl.
- Create a well in the center of the dry ingredients, and pour the milk in, followed by the mashed bananas.
- Stir the mixture, then toss the blueberries in. Add most of the strawberries – save a few slices as toppings.
- Stir your baked oats batter once more to fold in the berries.
- Pour the mix into your baking tin, and arrange the banana slices on top, as artfully as you like!
- Bake in the oven for approximately 30 minutes. Check the centre at 25 minutes by inserting a toothpick or fork into it – if it comes out 99% clean you’re good to go!
- Allow to cool for about 15 minutes before slicing up into four squares!
Enjoy guys! Tag me if you try this one out as always – @theirishbalance on Instagram/Twitter/Facebook!
Ciara 🙂 x