A quick lunch or side salad combining some of my favourite ingredients – butter beans, feta and greens!
Recipe (Serves 3-4)
- 10 baby tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 a cucumber, diced into coins, then coins quartered
- 3 handfuls of washed spinach leaves
- 10-12 olives, halved (I used a Tesco pack – a jar would do either)
- 1 pack of feta cheese, diced into bite-size chunks
- 1 handful of pine nuts
- 1 400g tin of butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 red bell pepper, core and seeds removed, and sliced into strips lengthways
- Pre-heat the oven to 175C, and line a baking tray with tinfoil greased with a little olive or rapeseed oil. Roast the red pepper strips in the oven for 15-20 minutes, then leave aside to cool.
- While the peppers are roasting, pop all of your other ingredients into a large mixing bowl, and stir to combine!
- When the pepper strips are cooled, slice them into smaller pieces, then add them to the salad.
- You’re done! I told you this was a quick one! Add a dressing such as balsamic vinegar if you like, I have done in the past and it’s pretty tasty – pesto would work well too!
Enjoy guys! As always, tag me if you try this recipe out – @theirishbalance on Instagram/Twitter/Facebook!
Ciara 🙂 x