YUM – a super simple bake-ahead recipe for breakfast made using some of the best ingredients out there – peanut butter, oats, berries and bananas!
Recipe (Makes 12 Cookies)
- 200g of oats
- 3 tbsp of milk
- 2 bananas
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 handfuls of blueberries
- 2 heaped tbsp of peanut butter
- 2 heaped tbsp of milled flax or chia seeds
- 1 tsp of ground cinnamon
- Optional: I added extra raw nuts to my bakes – feel free to add your favourite nuts or seeds for a tasty crunch!
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C (fan oven). Line a baking tray with grease-proof paper (if you don’t have any, just line it with tinfoil and grease the tinfoil with a little olive oil!)
- Add the dry ingredients to a mixing bowl – oats, cinnamon, and flax/chia seeds – and stir until combined.
- Mash up your bananas until almost liquid in consistency.
- Add the banana mash to the bowl, and mix until all the dry ingredients are coated.
- Add the honey and milk, and stir again.
- Add the peanut butter, and stir to fold it in.
- Finally, add the blueberries, and fold them into the batter.
- Scoop out fist size balls of cookie batter using a spoon, and place each onto the baking tray. Flatten the ball out a little so it makes a rounder cookie shape to bake!
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes, then leave to cool for 30 minutes.
- Serve with a cuppa tea or coffee for breakfast, or wrap up a couple of these to take on the go! I love to have mine heated up with a couple of scoops of yoghurt.
- These can be stored in a seal container in the fridge for up to 4 days, or you can freeze them (ensure defrosted fully before consumption).
Enjoy guys! I love this recipe – such a simple little creation, breakfast you can make in a flash and grab on the go! Tag me if you try these out – @theirishbalance on Instagram/Twitter/Facebook!
Ciara 🙂 x