Another one pot wonder for you guys – this time a stroganaoff recipe! I’ve used a soy yoghurt to give this dish a creamy texture and it worked a treat. Let’s cook!
Recipe (Serves 3-4)
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil or olive oil
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and finely diced
- 1 red onion, peeled and diced
- 1 green pepper, de-seeded, core removed and sliced into bitesize chunks
- 200g of button mushrooms, de-stemmed and sliced
- 1 400ml tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 400g tin of butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 200ml of water or vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 200g of soy yoghurt (you could use natural yoghurt or soured cream either)
- Prepare your garlic and veggies (wash the veggies too!), and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a pot on a medium heat on the hob/stove, then add the garlic and onions. Cook for 3-4 minutes to sweat the onions.
- Add the aubergines, peppers and mushrooms, and cook for another 4-5 minutes.
- Add the paprika, and stir to coat the veggies in it.
- Add the tinned tomatoes, tomato puree and water. Stir to combine everything.
- Add the butter beans and stir again.
- Add the parsley, and stir them in.
- Nearly there! Finally, add the yoghurt again, stir.
- Bring the stroganoff to the boil, then turn the heat all the way down to a simmer.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally to ensure its not sticking at the bottom of the pot.
- You can cook your side dish of choice during this time – this is lovely with roast or boiled potatoes (regular or sweet potato!), pasta, or a grain of choice like quinoa or brown rice!
Enjoy guys! As always, tag me if you try this one out – @theirishbalance on Instagram/Twitter/Facebook!
Ciara 🙂 x