These peanut butter cookies are VERY more-ish – don’t say I didn’t warn you when you go back for seconds!
Recipe (Makes 8 Cookies)
- 2 tbsp peanut butter (crunchy or smooth!)
- 3 tbsp of boiled hot water (take care with the heat!)
- 100g of quick cook oats
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 big handful of almonds or hazelnuts
- 1 heaped tbsp of milled flaxseed (you could also add chia seeds)
- 1 tbsp of honey
- 4-5 tbsp of milk of choice
- Optional: Dark chocolate chips – I would recommend adding these if you want the cookies to be extra delicious, you’ll need maybe 3-4 small squares of good quality dark chocolate, aim for 70% or higher
- Pre-heat the oven to 175C (non-fan oven). Line a baking tray with tinfoil greased with a little olive oil, or use greaseproof paper.
- Blitz the nuts in a blender (I use my Nutribullet) to a coarse, chunky texture.
- Add the dry ingredients to a bowl. Mix them together and create a small gap in the centre.
- Add the peanut butter and hot water to a small bowl, and stir to combine.
- Add the peanut butter/water mix to the dry ingredients, and the milk.
- Stir to combine the wet and dry ingredients, then add the honey and stir again.
- Finally, add the chocolate chips and fold them in.
- Scoop out small amounts of the cookie batter using a spoon and place the scoops onto the baking tray. Flatten them out into circular shapes.
- Bake the cookies in the oven for 25-30 minutes – check them at 25 minutes and if they’re a little browned on top they should be good to go.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes before tucking in!
- Store in a sealed container for up to 4 days at room temperature, or you can freeze the batch. If freezing please ensure the cookies are defrosted fully before consumption.
Enjoy guys! As always, tag me if you try this recipe out – @theirishbalance on Instagram/Twitter/Facebook!
Ciara 🙂 x