DELICIOUS RECIPE ALERT. I am so excited for you guys to try this one – a tasty squares verson of my Classic Banana Bread recipe! These squares have been epic work snacks for me all week and I know you’ll love them too.
Recipe (Makes 16 Squares)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 large ripe bananas + 1/2 banana sliced into coins for decoration
- 1/2 cup of honey or maple syrup
- 1/3 cup of melted coconut oil
- 200g oats, blended into flour (I use Flahavan’s)
- 50ml of milk of choice
- 50g of chopped walnuts (or other raw nuts like hazelnuts would be great)
- 4 squares of 70% or higher dark chocolate (you could use milk chocolate if you prefer!), broken up into small pieces
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C (fan oven). Line a square baking tin (about 1 inch deep) with grease-proof paper or tinfoil and grease with a little oil.
- Take a large mixing bowl and a smaller one. Into the large mixing bowl add the dry ingredients – oat flour, baking soda, cinnamon and chopped walnuts.
- Using a power blender (I use my Nutri-bullet) or a food processor, blend the bananas, eggs, honey, melted coconut oil and milk. Leave the honey aside for now.
- Create a small well in the centre of the dry ingredients, and pour in the blended wet mixture. Grab a large spoon, and stir until you have a batter that is more liquid than solid in consistency!
- Next, add the walnuts and chocolate chips and mix them in.
- Pour the batter into baking dish.
- Smooth down the batter evenly. Take your sliced banana coins and lay them on top!
- Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes.
- Stick a fork in at 30 mins – it should come out mostly clean if the squares are done!
- Remove from the oven and allow the squares to cool for 30 minutes before tucking in!
Enjoy guys! Tag me if you try this recipe out – @theirishbalance on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook!
Ciara 🙂 x