Well guys, we have a WINNER right here. This year I set a New Year’s Resolution to make my own dips, spreads and sauces as much as possible – we’re talking hummus, pesto, nut butters, salad dressings, stir fry or pasta sauces, you name it, I’m determined to make it from scratch! Pesto is something I don’t buy a lot of mostly because I always seem to forget when I’m food shopping. So recently I decided I’d chance my hand at making my own, and happily for you guys it was so tasty I knew I’d have to share the recipe! I’ve gone for a bit of a change-up from the traditional pesto ingredients but trust me, the resultant flavour is a winner! I recommend add it a tablespoon of this pesto to a bowl of pasta or courgetti, or simply a salad!
- 100g unsalted cashews
- 140ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets, washed
- 1 handful of spinach
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1-2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- Juice of 1/2 a lime (a lemon would work either, but trust me, the lime is way better!)
- Okay, you’re gonna laugh, but genuinely this is a two-step method. Place all the ingredients into a blender cup or food processor.
- Blend on high power until, well, blended! And that’s it!
See? Easy as ABC. Making your own dips and sauces is a really great little kitchen skill to have – the ingredients are usually really cheap to buy and easy to source, and I always find you get WAY more volume when you make it yourself! Tag me if you try this out – @theirishbalance on Instagram or Twitter!
Ciara 🙂 x