The veggie burger mission continues! This time round, we’re using two of my favourite ingredients for any meal – chickpeas and beetroot! These burgers are super simple to make, delicious, and can be batch made and stored for a few lunches in a busy week! I love adding them to salads to add an extra punch of plant protein and fibre. I can’t wait to see what you guys think!
Recipe (Makes 10 Burgers)
- 3 small pre-cooked beets + 1 tbsp of the juice from the beetroot jar
- 3 tbsp oat flour (just blend 3 tbsp of oats = flour)
- 1 400g tin of chickpeas
- 1/4 tsp mild chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp cooked sweet potato (or the flesh of 2 small cooked sweet potatoes)
- Pre-heat the oven to 175C and line a baking tray with greased tinfoil.
- Blend the chickpeas, beets, olive oil, spices, onion and garlic until you get a rough consistency (i.e. NOT hummus but coarser so you can shape the patties).
- Tip the mixture into a large bowl, and then add your oat flour one tablespoon at a time.
- Add the cooked mashed sweet potato and combine it into the mixture.
- Shape the mixture into small patties using a spoon and your hands, and place each onto the baking tray. Depending on what size burger you want, I would say go for 6-8 patties!
- Bake in the oven for approximately 35 minutes, then allow to cool for a few before scooping them off the tray, and tucking in!
Enjoy guys! Tag me if you try this one out – @theirishbalance on Instagram/Twitter/Facebook!
Ciara 🙂 x