Hellooo guys! So I’ve gone for a banana flavour on my latest recipe, because let’s face it, it’s a pretty awesome one! After the success of my Chickpea Peanut bars I was keen to use more of the new That Protein Peanut Protein Powder, and we all know banana and peanut butter are an EPIC combination. SO! These bars took a little bit of tweaking, but I think I cracked it eventually! These bars in their original recipe are NOT vegan, but if you substitute the egg for a flax egg as I’ve described below it should do the trick! The flavour of these bars has a little sweetness without using an actual sweetener, which is why I love using bananas in recipes. Time to get baking!
Recipe (Makes 10 bars)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 whole egg (or could sub a flax egg if vegan – 1 tbsp. flax seeds + 3 tbsp water!)
- 3 tbsp ground almonds
- 200ml of unsweetened almond milk (or milk of your preference!)
- 2 scoops of That Protein Peanut Butter Protein
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C (fan oven).
- Add your wet ingredients to a food processor or blender cup – banana, egg and milk.
- Then add the dry ingredients on top – protein powder, ground almonds, cinnamon and baking powder.
- Screw on the food processor or blender lid, and get mixing!
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper or cooking spray. I use tinfoil greased with melted coconut oil or olive oil!
- Pour the mixture into the baking tray and bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes. I recommend checking at 30 minutes by piercing with a fork, and then again at 40 minutes! When the fork comes out clean you’re good to go!
- Allow to COOL for about 15 minutes before slicing into bars! These are also suitable to be frozen if you’re prepping for a week ahead!
I hope you enjoy these bars guys! My use of That Protein is NOT an ad by the way – I genuinely love this brand, especially when they launch a Peanut Butter flavour! Plus my change over the past few weeks towards a more vegetarian diet is really motivating me to keep trying new protein snack recipes for you. Tag me if you try these bars out – @theirishbalance on Instagram or Twitter!
Ciara 🙂 x