I am all about the breakfast recipes this year guys. Breakfast is potentially my favourite meal of the day, and I didn’t think I had quite enough creations shared with you on the blog yet. So, when I got involved with the Vega New Year campaign in January trying out recipes with their Essentials Nutritional Powder, I thought yep, this is the opportunity I was looking for! I’ve been working on this Overnight Chia Protein Oats recipe for a while now, and finally I’m happy I’ve nailed it for you guys (after many mornings where I added too much liquid!). Overnight oats is a great breakfast whether you’re eating at home or bringing your breakfast with you to work or wherever! Adding chia seeds really helps soak up the liquid and add to the creamy texture – plus you’re getting a little extra fibre from them too! So, let’s get to the recipe!
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamons
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp whole chia seeds
- 50g of oats (I use Flahavan’s Progress Oatlets)
- 1 scoop of protein powder of choice (Chocolate or Vanilla are best in my book!)
- 200ml of milk of choice (I love coconut milk!)
- Toppings: 1 small handful of berries + 1 banana (feel free to choose your own!)
- Optional: Topping with nut butter, nuts, seeds!
- This is super simple! Add all of the dry ingredients to a small bowl or tupperware/lunchbox.
- Add your milk and stir it all up until everything is mixed well together.
- Leave to soak overnight.
- In the morning, add a little extra liquid if you think it needs it, and then get creative with your toppings! I also love adding chopped banana into it before leaving the oats overnight!
Enjoy guys! Tag me if you try this out – @theirishbalance on Instagram/Twitter/Facebook as always!
Ciara 🙂 x